Cherry Filled PancakesFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 cup fresh orange juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar plus 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 cup dried cherries chopped shopping list
- 1-3/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Zest of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 3 egg yolks lightly whisked shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese shopping list
- 5 egg whites beaten to stiff peaks shopping list
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat whisk together orange juice and 1/3 cup sugar.
- Heat until mixture is just beginning to boil.
- Add cherries then remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes.
- Pour through a fine mesh sieve into a small saucepan pressing cherries with back of a spoon.
- Reserve cherries.
- Set pan over medium heat and cook for 15 minutes then set aside.
- In a bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt and zest.
- In another bowl whisk together the egg yolks, buttermilk and ricotta.
- Add yolk mixture to flour mixture and whisk until combined.
- The batter will be lumpy.
- Using a rubber spatula gently stir in the egg whites in two additions.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon butter in each well of a filled pancake pan.
- Place over medium heat and heat until butter begins to bubble.
- Pour 1 tablespoon batter into each well then add 1 compact teaspoon cherries in the center of the batter and top with 1 tablespoon batter.
- Cook until bottoms are golden brown and crispy approximately 5 minutes.
- Using 2 forks flip the pancakes over and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and cherries.
- Drizzle pancakes with the orange cherry syrup and serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!