Pig in a BlanketFrom athomebaker 6 years ago
- 1 c all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 c cornmeal shopping list
- 2 tbspns sugar shopping list
- 1 tspn baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tspn baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tspn salt shopping list
- 1/8 tspn cayenne pepper(optional) shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 c buttermilk shopping list
- 24 mini hotdogs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400degF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cayenne pepper, if desired, in a large mixing bowl. Mix egg, oil, buttermilk in a small bowl; add to dry ingredients. Stir with a fork until dough holds together in a ball.
- Dust work space with generous amount of flour. Roll dough to 12 x 9inch rectangle.
- Cut dough with a straight knife into two long strips, each 12 x 4 1/2inches. Cut strips into crosswise at 1inch intervals to make 24 strips.
- Wrap 1 strip of dough around each hotdog. Place wrapped hotdogs, seam side down, on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until golden, about 10minutes. Serve warm.