Brisket with Spicy Sopping SauceFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 garlic clove minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground mild dried chili shopping list
- 4 pound beef brisket shopping list
- 1 small dried hot chili shopping list
- 1 shallot shopping list
- 1 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seeds shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 2 cups ketchup shopping list
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In small bowl with the back of a heavy spoon mash garlic with the salt, pepper and ground chili.
- Rub this spice mixture thoroughly into the meat.
- Place in a non-aluminum dish then cover and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator 45 minutes before smoking.
- Prepare a low heat fire in a water smoker.
- Put the water pan in place and fill the pan with water.
- Place the brisket on the highest food rack.
- Cover and smoke keeping the temperature between 190 and 225 degrees for 7 hours.
- In a food processor combine the chili, shallot, vinegar , brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, coriander, salt, anise seeds and cumin.
- Process until smooth.
- Transfer to a saucepan and stir in the ketchup.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat then reduce the heat to low.
- Cover partially and simmer stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- Season with the hot pepper sauce then set aside.
- When brisket is tender transfer to a cutting board and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife slice the meat across the grain or using 2 forks pull apart into chunks. Arrange on a warmed platter.
- Reheat the sauce over low heat then pour it into a bowl and pass at the table.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!