Pasta Salad With Grilled Tuna and Roasted TomatoesFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 8 plum tomatoes halved lengthwise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 pound pasta shells shopping list
- 2 pounds tuna fillets shopping list
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves loosely packed shopping list
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese finely diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Prepare a hot fire in a grill.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and toss with 1 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Arrange them cut sides up on the sheet and season with salt.
- Roast for 20 minutes then let cook and cut in half crosswise.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot three-fourths full of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente about 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold running water and drain again then set aside.
- Brush both sides of the tuna fillets with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place on the grill rack 4 to 6 inches above the fire and grill until lightly browned.
- Turn and cook for 4 minutes more for medium or until done to your liking.
- Transfer to a cutting board then allow to cool and cut into cubes.
- In a food processor or blender combine basil leaves and the remaining 1/2 cup oil.
- Pulse or blend until chopped to a coarse puree.
- Add vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Pulse or blend until combined.
- In a large bowl combine pasta, tomatoes and any accumulated juices, tuna, mozzarella, parsley and basil dressing.
- Toss gently and serve.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!