Pasta With Alfredo Pesto SauceFrom astrochef 8 years ago
How to make it
- Combine the basil, pine nuts, and garlic in a food processor.
- Process until finely chopped. With the processor running, slowly add the olive oil through the feed tube and process until smooth.
- Add a ½ cup of parmesan and mix well.
- If making the pesto ahead of time top it with a layer of olive oil, cover, and chill for up to 3 days.
- Heat the cream in a heavy saucepan, over a medium flame, bring just to a boil and whisk in the pesto sauce, Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Combine the pasta, sauce and remaining ½ cup of parmesan in a large bowl. Toss to coat the pasta evenly and serve.
The Cookastrochef London, GB
The Rating2 people
A wonderful and delicious classic recipe...I love pesto and it is delicious with so much, including pasta. Thank you so much!lunasea in Orlando loved it
Why have I never tried pesto in my alfredo? I most definitely will now...this sounds incredibly delicious and rich, and did I say delicious?krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!