Pickled EggsFrom sunflower48386 8 years ago
How to make it
- Hard boil the eggs in plenty of water. Boil for at least 10 minutes to ensure they are completely set. While the eggs are boiling prepare your jars by washing in very hot water and rinsing well. Check the rubber seals on the jars for signs of wear- if they aren't in good order get some new ones.
- Meanwhile prepare the vinegar- you can use any vinegar but the flavor of your finished eggs will reflect the type of vinegar you use. Standard malt vinegar will be harsher than clear vinegar, while white wine or cider vinegar will give you a more rounded flavor. Experiment to find what suits your taste and by all means mix vinegars.
- Put vinegars in a sauce pan with a sprinkling of peppercorns and jalapenos. Bring to a boil and simmer for a minute or two.
- Once eggs are cooked cover them in cold water and leave to cool. Once cool, shell and pack into your jars.
- Pour vinegar into jars covering the eggs completely. Seal jars well and store for at least a month before eating.Store in a cool dark place. Stores well for 6 months
- check rubber seals on the jars for the signs of wear