Meatball CalzonesFrom myszreesey 7 years ago
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 3 teaspoons italian seasoning shopping list
- 2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- 3 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed shopping list
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten shopping list
- Additional italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce, warmed shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Reduce heat to 350°.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough into an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spoon a third of the meatballs and mozzarella cheese down the center of each rectangle. Fold dough over filling; press edges firmly to seal.
- Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Brush tops with egg white; sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Let stand for 15-30 minutes. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with spaghetti sauce. Yield: 3 calzones (4 servings each).
The Cookmyszreesey Auburn, NY
The Rating4 people
Man, this sounds Great! So much for turkey burgers tonight, I just changed my menu!dooley in Crossroads loved it
Sounds really great , thanks for the postdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
These look really amazing! I want to feature them on my new Calzones, Stromboli and Handheld Meals group! I found a really great Broccoli Chicken one with Alfredo that inspired me to create the group!
Keep on making amazing things.
morepollymotzko in Garden Grove loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!