Homemade Hot MixFrom lumpy1 8 years ago
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried split lentils, split peas, or chana dal shopping list
- 2 cups corn flakes shopping list
- 2 cups kix cereal shopping list
- 6oz bag chow mein noodles shopping list
- 3/4 cup cashews shopping list
- 1 cup golden raisons shopping list
- 1 cup shoestring potatoes shopping list
- 2 tablespoon anise seed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coursely ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, plus shopping list
How to make it
- In a small skillet heat the oil. add the washed lentils and stir over medium heat until the lentils are roasted and dark brown. drain on paper towel.
- in a large bowl or grocery store bag mix all of the ingredients and cooled lentils, except spices. mix well and then add the seeds, black pepper, and 2 tablespoons chili powder.
- mix thoroughly and taste. increase the amount of chili powder 1 tablespoon at a time until your heat level acheived