Homemade Hamburger Helper MixFrom barneswifemn 7 years ago
- 1 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbs. garlic powder shopping list
- 2 Tbs. dried parsley shopping list
- 1/3 cup instant onion shopping list
- 3 Tbs. onion powder shopping list
- 1 Tbs. salt shopping list
- 1 2/3 cup dry milk shopping list
- 3 1/2 Tbs. beef bouillon shopping list
- Mix this all up and store in a glass jar or other sealed container. shopping list
- Use 1/2 cup for each pound of ground meat. shopping list
- Basic recipe shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup of mix (above) shopping list
- 1 to 2 cups noodles (elbow macaroni for example) shopping list
- 1 1/2 to 3 cups water shopping list
How to make it
- Brown and drain the ground beef.
- Stir in the dry mix, then add 2 cups hot water and 2 cups noodles. You can add more or less water and noodles, proportionately, depending on much you need to stretch that pound of beef.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer, cover, and cook until noodles are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Cheeseburger skillet: add 1 cup dehydrated cheese with the dry mix. Or cook as above, then stir in 2 cups grated Cheddar or Colby cheese before serving.
- Stroganoff: add a bit of 1/2 tsp of onion powder and 1/2 tsp celery salt with the dry mix. Stir in a 1/2 cup fresh or canned mushrooms. After cooking noodles, stir in 1/4 cup sour cream just before serving.
- Chili: Add one 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, 1 Tbs chili powder.
- Potato variation: Instead of macaroni, add 2-3 cups very thinly sliced potatoes. Simmer 20-30 minutes until potatoes are tender. Uncover and simmer until liquid has evaporated.