CRANBERRY GINGERBREAD WITH BROWN SUGAR WHIPPED CREAMFrom texalp 7 years ago
- Gingerbread: shopping list
- 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoons ground allspice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsulfured light molasses shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups cranberries, coarsely chopped in processor shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped crystalized ginger shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- brown sugar cream: shopping list
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup chilled sour cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- Additional ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- For gingerbread:
- Preheat ovven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch galss baking dish; dust with
- flour. Sift first eight ingredients And cocoa into medium bowl. Using electric mixer,
- beat butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add sugar and beat until
- fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Beat in molasses. Mix in dry ingredients
- alternately with buttermilk, beginning and wndying with dry ingredients.
- Fold in cranberries and crystallized ginger.
- Spread batter in prepare pan. Bake until springy to touch, about 50 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on rack. Serve warm or at room temperature with brown sugar
- cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
- For brown sugar ceam:
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Beat until peaks form. (Can be
- prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Note : I use a bundt pan
The Cooktexalp Dallas, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!