Authentic Italian MeatballsFrom neidl32 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion minced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1/4 lb ground veal shopping list
- 1/4 lb ground pork shopping list
- 1/4 lb ground beef shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
How to make it
- In a sautee pan add olive oil, onions, and garlic. Sautee until they get soft just past translucent. Drain from the oil before adding to the meat.
- In a mixing bowl add the ground meat. To the ground meat add sauteed onions, garlic, eggs, Parmesan cheese, and breadcrumbs mix using hands.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper. Add red pepper flakes and mix again.
- Roll into balls and cook in the sautee pan. Add a little olive oil if necessary, just enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook on low heat and turn them frequently so they don't stick. Brown until done.
- Enjoy as a side to pasta, or on their own!