Okara Scrambled EggsFrom annalou 10 years ago
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup okara (about) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 sage turkey links (fully cooked) - any sausage will do shopping list
- 1 cup frozen organic mixed vegetables shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tsuyu* shopping list
- 3 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut sausage into bite size pieces.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan, saute sausage and frozen vegetables until nearly cooked, add okara.
- Stir okara in, continuing to cook, reducing moisture.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in the tsuyu and mirin, mixing the two together and into the okara mixture.
- Continue simmering to reduce moisture, stirring often.
- Slowly add beaten eggs into mixture, incorporating well into the hot okara.
- When the eggs are done to your liking, spoon onto plates. It tastes nearly like scrambled eggs, with veggies except it has a little more moisture and texture.
The Cookannalou Mill Valley, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!