Banana Cake With Cream Cheese FrostingFrom dutchie326 6 years ago
- * 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed, ripe shopping list
- * 2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- * 3 cups flour shopping list
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * 3/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- * 2 1/8 cups sugar shopping list
- * 3 large eggs shopping list
- * 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- * 1 1/2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- * 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- * 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- * 3 1/2 cups icing sugar shopping list
How to make it
- # Preheat oven to 275°.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a small bowl, mix mashed banana with the lemon juice; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and 2 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in 2 tsp vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Stir in banana mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 45 minutes. This will make the cake very moist.
- For the frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add icing sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high speed until frosting is smooth.
- Spread on cooled cake.
- sprinkle chopped nuts over top
- (test for doneness as it sometimes takes longer in some ovens)
The Cookdutchie326 Parker, PA
The Rating3 people
Yum, wish I had some of this now. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
And I do... love the taste of banana bread, Dutchie. Your recipes are always so uncomplicated! I love it. Thanks for this post and you got my five,
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
yep gotta love this bannanna cake yummy high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!