Oxtails with GravyFrom myszreesey 7 years ago
- 2 pounds beef oxtail shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning shopping list
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings or shortening shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups broth from cooked oxtails shopping list
- 2 dashes browning sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- garlic powder to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place oxtails, garlic, onions, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, Greek seasoning, and seasoning salt in a large stock pot. Fill with enough water to cover oxtails, and place over high heat. Bring to a boil. Cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Remove from heat, and reserve 2 cups broth.
- Warm bacon drippings in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in flour, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in broth and browning sauce. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook, stirring constantly, until gravy thickens. Remove from heat.
- Place oxtails in skillet, and stir to coat with gravy. Return to stove, and cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
The Cookmyszreesey Auburn, NY
The Rating1 people
Oh girl! I remember when oxtails used to be cheap!! Now everybody caught on to how good they are... if fixed right. I think the smaller ones are better than the big chunky ones. We haven't had these in a LONG time. I might have to splurge!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!