Two-Cheeses with Beef and NoodlesFrom mbeards2 8 years ago
- 6 oz. broad egg noodles shopping list
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 8-oz. can of tomato sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup of large-curd cottage cheese shopping list
- 6 oz. of cream cheese shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup Monterrey Jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F and cook the noodles.
- Cook the ground beef and onions together, uncovered for about 5 minutes or until the meat is done.
- Drain the fat off of the meat and add the salt, pepper, and tomato sauce to it. Simmer the mixture for about 3-5 more minutes.
- Combine the cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, green pepper and green onions.
- Place half of the cooked noodles in a buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole or a 9x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Cover the noodles with half of the cheese mixture. Add a layer of half of the meat mixture.
- Repeat with a layer of noodles, cheese mixture and meat.
- Top with grated Monterrey Jack cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
The Cookmbeards2 Omaha, NE
The Rating2 people
Sounds so creamy and delicious with sour cream and cottage cheese there...yum!juels in Clayton loved it