Greek Lentil SoupFrom chef_irish 6 years ago
- 3 cups uncooked lentils shopping list
- 12 to 15 cups hot water shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 onion, minced shopping list
- 2 stalks celery shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, minced shopping list
- 1 sprig rosemary shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, peeled and strained or shopping list
- 1 (30 ounce) can tomatoes shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- vinegar (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the lentils overnight in cold water. Rinse and place in a large pot with plenty of water.
- Bring to a boil. Drain off this water and replace it with the 12 to 15 cups hot water. Add the remaining ingredients except the tomatoes and salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 45 minutes, then add the tomatoes and cook for about 20 minutes longer (until the lentils are soft).
- Season and Serve hot.