Sweet Potato KugelFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- Kugel Base: shopping list
- 6 small sweet potatoes, grated shopping list
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and grated shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt (sea salt is best) shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cups water shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cups pecan halves, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- Pinch of ground cinnamon shopping list
- Pinch of ground ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together (except for the topping), then press into a large glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together topping ingredients and set aside.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove and cover with topping mixture.
- Return to oven for another 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for about 15 minutes.
- Cut into 12 squares and serve.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
I love kugels too, and this one has a lovely combo of ingredients! Sounds yummy!juels in Clayton loved it
Firstly, you earned my five just by using the word "kugel", midge. I have been a fan since about 10 years old and have been in love ever since. This particular kugel sounds fabulous. Sweet potatoes? Oh YEAH! Thanks!
lacrenshaw in Horsham loved it