Gingerbread PancakesFrom mbeards2 5 years ago
- 3 eggs shopping list
- ¼ C brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- ½ C buttermilk shopping list
- ½ C milk or water shopping list
- ¼ C brewed coffee shopping list
- 2-½ C White unbleached flour shopping list
- ½ t baking powder shopping list
- 1 t baking soda shopping list
- 1 t ground cloves shopping list
- 1 t ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 t ginger shopping list
- ½ t nutmeg shopping list
- 4 T butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together the eggs and brown sugar.
- Add the buttermilk, water and coffee, and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate container, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture, and stir in the melted butter.
- Makes about 3-1/2 cups of batter, or enough for 8 to 10 pancakes.
- NOTES: Serve with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or brandy sauce. (Personally, I like the traditional maple syrup.)