Sour Cream Cheese CakeFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter, cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of the sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Press the crumbs over the bottom and 1 inch up the side of a 6-inch springform pan that’s 3 inches deep.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle, combine the cream cheese with the flour, the remaining 2/3 cup of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Beat at medium-high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the side of the bowl and add the eggs and the almond extract.
- Beat at medium speed until blended.
- Add the sour cream and beat until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan.
- Fill a 6- to 7-quart round or oval slow cooker with 1/2 inch of water and position a rack in the bottom.
- Set the cheesecake on the rack.
- Cover the slow cooker with a triple layer of paper towels and the lid.
- Turn the cooker to high and cook for 2 hours without peeking.
- Turn off the heat and let stand until the slow cooker has cooled, 1 hour.
- Remove the lid and the paper towels and transfer the cheesecake to a rack to cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours.
- Heat a sharp, thin-bladed knife under hot water; dry the knife.
- Carefully run the knife around the edge of the cheesecake.
- Release the spring and lift the cheesecake out of the mold.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- . Chill
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
great delicous cheese cake love the addition of the cinnamon and Almond extract, thanks high5 postmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Wow, I love the idea of using the crockpot for a cheesecake. I think I already have a 6 in pan...thanks so much! ^5debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
I would never have thought to make a cheese cake in a croc pot before, wonderful will give it a go, thankscapedread in Peterborough. Cambridgeshire loved it
Party Food316 members
CrockPot Capers166 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
101 A Cheese Place145 members
Companys Coming115 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
Cakes Of Any Type143 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere50 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members