Chocolate Chip And Nut PiesFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- Pies: shopping list
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup (2-sticks) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 cups chopped walnuts, optional shopping list
- Whipped cream: shopping list
- 2 pints (4-cups) heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 2 (9-inch) pie plates; set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and
- baking powder.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until incorporated.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Add flour mixture, a little at a time, and mix until fully combined.
- Fold in the 3 cups chocolate chips and, if desired, the walnuts.
- Divide the dough between the prepared pie plates and smooth the tops with a spatula.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until pies are golden and slightly firm
- to the touch but still soft.
- If the pies begin to darken too much before they are baked through, cover with foil and continue baking.
- Let pies cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the pies cool, whip the cream and confectioners' sugar until
- soft peaks form (tips curl).
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate whipped cream until ready to use.
- Spread the whipped cream over the pies and serve.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
this sounds awesome and two pies for the work of one! 5chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
Mmmmm...sounds very good!juels in Clayton loved it
wow great idea wonderful recipe thanks midgelet great post.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
A Slice Of Pie126 members
Choco Lovers138 members
Chocoholics Anonymous153 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Death By Chocolate122 members
Companys Coming115 members
Feeding A Crowd39 members
Pies Pies Everywhere Is Pies45 members