Cherry-Cream Cheese and Almond Coffee CakeFrom cassiml 5 years ago
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries, well drained shopping list
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) shopping list
- Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated flaky dough sheet shopping list
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons milk shopping list
- . shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Heat oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening. In small bowl, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in almond extract, almonds and cherries; set aside.
- 2.If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough onto cookie sheet; press into 13x7-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough onto cookie sheet; press into 13x7-inch rectangle.
- 3. Spoon cream cheese mixture lengthwise down center 1/3 of rectangle. On each long side of dough rectangle, make cuts 1 inch apart to edge of filling. Fold opposite strips of dough over filling and cross in center to form a braided appearance; seal ends.
- 4. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 5. In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth; drizzle over coffee cake. If desired, garnish with additional sliced almonds and cherries. Cover and refrigerate any remaining coffee cake.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
The Cookcassiml Miami, OK
The Rating3 people
fantastic recipe love the cream cheese and cherrys my favorite thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Wonderful flavors, thanks for sharing!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Sounds very good, you have my 5. Love the almond flavoring with the cherries. Great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!