Navy Bean SoupFrom winslow1204 7 years ago
- 1 (16 ounce) bag of dried navy beans shopping list
- 7 c. water shopping list
- 1 ham bone for flavor shopping list
- 2 c. diced ham shopping list
- 1/4 c. minced onion shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/ tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 c. sliced carrots shopping list
- 1/2 c. sliced celery shopping list
How to make it
- Add water to large pot and add beans.
- Bring to boil, let boil for 2 min, take off from heat.
- Cover with lid and let simmer for at least an hour.
- Place pot back on medium heat. Add the ham bone, the cubed ham, onion salt, pepper and the bay leaf. You will reduce the heat, and let it gently simmer for about an hour and a half. The beans will be soft to touch.
- It is recommended to skim the soup during the cooking process.
- Add carrots and celery, letting the cook until tender.
- Once the veggies are tender, remover the ham bone, getting any excess meat from bone.
- Add the meat back to soup and serve!
People Who Like This Dish 36
The Cookwinslow1204 Centerville, CA
The Rating4 people
great soup. all my friends love it.alone1965 in Whereabouts loved it
I love a good navy bean soup. One of my favorites. Any time is soup time in my house.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
My favorite type of bean. I just love it's mild taste.
Thanks for the recipe.
Donna A.donnaja1231 in Moffat loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!