Curry Chicken With ColaFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- curry chicken With cola shopping list
- 1 chicken cut up shopping list
- 1/4 cup celery tops shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 medium tart apple peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 medium white onion thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon curry powder shopping list
- 1/3 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup cola shopping list
- 3-1/2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- rice cooked and hot shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse chicken pieces well.
- In a pot of boiling salted water cook chicken with celery tops.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour then drain and strain broth and reserve.
- Bone chicken and cut into 1/2" pieces to measure 2-1/2 cups.
- Melt butter in skillet then add apple, onion and curry powder then sauté 5 minutes blending well.
- Stir in raisins, 1 cup of the reserved chicken broth and cola.
- In a bowl mix flour with the evaporated milk stirring until smooth.
- Add with salt and white pepper to the onion apple mixture then stir and cook until thick.
- Add chicken and turn into a covered container to chill overnight.
- Reheat in top of a double boiler over hot water and serve on cooked rice with condiments.
- Suggested condiments are grated coconut, chopped peanuts, chopped raw onions or raisins.