Nonnis Chicken Pot PieFrom angelinaw 4 years ago
- chicken, chicken breast is to be preferred shopping list
- 2-3 stalks of celery (with the sprigs) shopping list
- 2 Large carrots, cut into small slices shopping list
- 2 Large potatoes, cut into small chunks shopping list
- 2 Slices of onion, chopped finely shopping list
- 1 bag Bow Tie noodles shopping list
- 2 Cups chicken broth shopping list
- parsley, a shake shopping list
- Tumeric, optional - just a dash shopping list
How to make it
- Put the chicken in a pot with enough water to barely cover the chicken and boil
- Meanwhile, add the sprig of celery leaves and 1/2 the onion
- Cook until chicken is tender and falls apart.
- Strain the broth, saving it and putting it back in the pot again.
- Add 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- Add the potatoes, carrots, and remaining onion
- Bring to a boil and then cook for an additional five minutes while boiling
- Add the noodles
- Cook until the noodles are the desired tenderness
- Add the remaining 1 cup Chicken Broth, since the noodles will soak up the broth
- Make a gravy of flour and water and add to the soup.
- Add the parsley, and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with bread slathered with butter.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookangelinaw St Louis, MO
The Rating5 people
Very nice, this is a keeper....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
This is a winner soup, sounds wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
i just love soups these are wonderful
your grandmother knew how to cook good ole comfort soups
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it