Enchilada SauseFrom patriciamartinez 8 years ago
How to make it
- Stem and tear chilies into medium size pieces and place in a pan of water with tomato and onion and boil till chilies are soft and tomato splits.
- place boiled ingredients in blender. cover with chicken broth. blend until Liquefied... Chilies will absorb liquid, keep adding liquid as needed to keep sauce flowing freely in blender.
- cover bottom of medium size frying pan with about 1/8th in of oil. heat oil until drop of water splatters. Add liquefied sauce to pan threw a wire strainer tapping side or move with spoon to keep liquid pouring threw strainer. when all sauce is strained add small amount of broth and stir to remove last of sauce.
- simmer sauce over medium heat stirring once in a while to keep from sticking to bottom. Salt to taste.
- Note: Sauce is finished when it has turned a dark red with the oil raised in streams to surface and consistency desired. normally this sauce is medium to thin consistency. Add broth as needed to keep to consistency desired.
The Cookpatriciamartinez Gaston, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!