Low Fat Creamy Artichoke and Spinach DipFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 9 ounces frozen artichoke hearts shopping list
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup defatted chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In heavy skillet bring artichoke hearts, spinach, onion, broth and garlic to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat then cover and simmer 12 minutes stirring several times until artichokes are tender.
- Drain in a strainer then process in a food processor or blender until almost smooth.
- Scrape into a small bowl then partially cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or until cold.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Chill and keep refrigerated until ready to use.