Fried GritsFrom pood 8 years ago
- 2 cups grits, cooked shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 2 Beaten eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 tsp. flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/3 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/2 Lb. sausage shopping list
- 3 T. chopped onions shopping list
- 2 eggs beaten with 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- margarine or butter shopping list
How to make it
- Cook sausage and onion seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and sage. Set aside.
- Cook grits according to pkg. directions with the baking powder added to the water.
- Add beaten eggs.
- Stir in margarine, flour, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Cook 15 minutes more.
- Stir in sausage and onion mixture.
- Pour the grits mixture into a well greased loaf pan, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut grits into slices, dredge in flour and dip in egg mixture.
- Fry grits in a 300 skillet with margarine or butter for 10 minutes on each side. If you have any leftover egg just add to skillet and cook.
The Cookpood Georgiana, AL
The Rating2 people
Love grits, love sausage = gonna love this! Actually sounds a little similar to scrapple - only I can identify which pig parts are in the fried grits! This is gonna be Sunday breakfast, hon. Thanks.crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!