Broiled Dates with water chestnuts and baconFrom peetabear 4 years ago
How to make it
- Drain water chestnuts and slice in half. Place in a small bowl. Sprinkle with soy sauce. toss to cover. Set aside. Preheat oven on broil.
- Slice open dates, but do not cut in half. Cut bacon strips in thirds.
- Place a chestnut half in each date and wrap with bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat until all dates are stuffed and wrapped.
- Place on broiler pan. Broil in oven for 3 to5 minutes or until bacin is cooked. Turning as necessary. Serve immediately.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating2 people
My cousin makes these every year for xmas.. They are "to die for" I can live on these.. The Soy sounds like a great idea... Thanks My super bowl appetizer possibility list is getting quite full...;-)~ Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
OMG! I can't thank you enough. Perfection of flavor. Gotta have a party now so I can make these. Thanks, Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!