Chile con QuesoFrom ttaaccoo 8 years ago
- 1 Table. oil shopping list
- 2 medium onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 green chiles (Ortega anaheim green chiles ) shopping list
- 2 cans tomatoes (about 32 ounces in total). Drain juice shopping list
- 1 pound Velveeta , cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. oregano shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, fry the chopped onions and garlic in oil. Add green chiles, cut into pieces. Add the drained tomatoes. Add oregano, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the fire, and add cheese. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
- Can be made a couple of days ahead. Re-heat in skillet, low heat, stir frequently.