Jeannies Famous Potato Hamburger CasseroleFrom lacrenshaw 8 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1 pint heavy cream shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 5 potatoes, sliced shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onions until translucent and set aside.
- Cook ground beef until evenly browned.
- Drain excess fat and set beef aside.
- Melt butter in the skillet.
- Add flour and stir with a whisk for 5 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in milk, then cream.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, over medium low heat for 10 minutes until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Spread small amount of sauce on bottom of 13x9" baking dish.
- Alternate layers of potatoes, onions, ground beef, cheese and sauce.
- Make 2 to 3 layers.
- Reserve some cheese to sprinkle on top.
- If you run short of sauce, press down on layers and add milk as needed.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes OR until potatoes are tender.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating10 people
5 coming your way I love casseroles and this one rocks!!!!!!kimbaby in Live Oak loved it
Sounds like a great comfort food.Saving this one for sure.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
Oh what the heck, bring on the cheese...this looks like comfort food to me!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it