Indian Curry Tofu And LentilsFrom thenewagecook 8 years ago
- 1 (16oz.) block of tofu (drained and pressed) cut into 1 inch dice shopping list
- 1 yellow onion (chopped) shopping list
- 1 large carrot (peeled and sliced) shopping list
- 1 cup of frozen green peas (thawed) not canned (they get mushy) shopping list
- 1 medium potato (peeled and diced) shopping list
- 1 (16oz.) can of lentils (not drained) shopping list
- 1 (16oz.) can of chopped tomatoes (drained) or 1 fresh (chopped) shopping list
- 1 (4oz.) can of green chiles shopping list
- 4 - 5 curry leaves (optional) if available- see the photo above shopping list
- 2 Tblsp of vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tsp of garam masala shopping list
- 1 - 2 Tblsp of Madras curry powder (any other will do good too) shopping list
- 1 cup of vegetable broth shopping list
- salt and black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saute pan over medium, heat the oil and fry the tofu for about 4 minutes until just light browned and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Add the chopped onion and chiles, fry until just fragrant, add the garam masala and stir.
- After a couple of minutes of adding the garam masala bring in the rest of the vegetables and the curry curry powder, stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Add the curry leaves and the vegetable broth, lower the heat to a simmer and adjust the curry and masala seasonings according to your personal taste, cover with a lid.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- Let the simmering do the rest.
- Serve with white steamed Basmati rice.