Chadron Buffalo StewFrom mbeards2 7 years ago
- About 5 pounds of Buffalo stew meat shopping list
- 10 potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 bunch of celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 large onions, coursely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 5 tablespoons of beef boullion granules shopping list
- 8 teaspoons dried basil shopping list
- 5 teaspoons dried oregano shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of salt shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes, shopping list
- 1 box of Quaker barley shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the potatoes, carrots and celery for 10 minutes in about 2 quarts of water.
- Add all of the other ingredients and cook in a large roaster for 6 to 8 hours.
- Add the barley during the last 3 hours of cooking.
- NOTES-As you can see, it makes A LOT. I think you can substitute beef stew meat, if buffalo meat is unavailable. Check the stew from time to time and add a little water if it seems like it's cooking away too much.
People Who Like This Dish 3
- dandelion Ashland, NE
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- lumpy1 Markham, IL
- sitbynellie Glasgow, GB
- mbeards2 Omaha, NE
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔