Coconut Bread PuddingFrom midgelet 7 years ago
How to make it
- In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine eggs and 1 1/8 cups sugar.
- Mix until smooth. In a small pan, bring cream to a boil.
- With mixer running at medium-low speed, slowly add hot cream.
- coconut milk and rum, and mix again just until smooth.
- Allow mixture to rest at room temperature for one hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill a kettle with water and place over high heat to bring to a boil.
- In an 81/2-by-12-inch baking dish, arrange challah slices so they overlap in two columns.
- Pour custard evenly over top, andpress down lightly with a spatula.
- Place dish in a large, deep pan, like aroasting pan.
- Carefully pour in boiling water so that it comes about halfway
- up the sides of baking dish.
- Bake until custard is set but not too firm, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle liberally with sugar, and caramelize it with a kitchen torch or
- by placing it under a broiler for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve, scooping out individual portions.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
fantastic recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
wow, I agree on this one!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
Oh most definitely comfort food - never had bread pudding made with coconut milk...what a great idea. This sounds so very tasty - thanks, midge!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
Going Coconuts71 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere50 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Peanut Butter Coconut Lovers13 members
Packages Jars And Cans29 members
FABULOUS FRUGAL FOODIES249 members