Savory Ham CheesecakeFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
- CRUST: shopping list
- 3 cups oyster crackers, crushed shopping list
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, melted shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 cups fully cooked ham, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups swiss cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/3 cup snipped chives shopping list
- 1/4 cup basil, minced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- Assorted crackers shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cracker crumbs, Parmesan and butter in a large bowl.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of mixture for topping.
- Press remaining crumbs onto bottom and 2" up sides of greased 9" springform pan.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth
- Add eggs; beat on low just until combined (mixture will be thick).
- Add the ham, Swiss cheese, chives, basil, salt and pepper.
- Beat until just combined.
- Pour into crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Place pan on baking sheet.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes OR until filling is almost set.
- Turn oven off WITHOUT removing the cheesecake.
- Leave cheesecake in oven with door ajar for 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen.
- Cool 1 hour longer with sides of pan still in place.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with crackers.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating7 people
Oh man that sounds tasty - I love these "savory" cheesecake appetizers. And what a unique crust...nice one, la!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Oh La. This one's got my name on it.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
I'm all over this one too...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it