Coconut Chicken With Honey Mustard SauceFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 cups flaked coconut shopping list
- 1 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 eggs beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- Deep fryer or deep skillet shopping list
- vegetable oil for deep frying shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1/3 cup honey mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Trim chicken breast so pieces will measure 4" long and 2-1/2" wide.
- Sprinkles sugar and salt over chicken and place in bag and marinate in refrigerator 4 hours.
- When chicken is ready to be prepared rinse lightly and drain well.
- Place coconut, cornstarch and flour in a bowl then mix well.
- In separate bowl place beaten eggs then add water and blend well.
- Have oil hot and ready to fry chicken breast.
- Dip chicken in egg wash and then place in coconut mixture until well coated.
- Carefully place chicken in hot oil and cook until lightly golden.
- Remove and place on a paper towel then serve with dressing.
- To make dressing mix mustard, mayonnaise and cayenne pepper together and blend well.
- Place in a covered container and refrigerate until ready to use.