Homemade Chicken Pot PieFrom blueeyes68ky 8 years ago
- 2 (9-inch) refrigerated piecrusts, unbaked shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 large stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 large potato, diced shopping list
- 1 (16-oz.) bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 3-1/2 cups cooked chicken, diced shopping list
How to make it
- Allow refrigerated piecrust to come to room temperature.
- Melt butter in Dutch oven and saute onion, celery, and potato until tender.
- Add thawed vegetables and continue sauteing fro another 10 minutes.
- Add flour gradually, stirring constantly for one minutes.
- Combine chicken broth and half-and-half in small bowl.
- Gradually stir into the vegetable mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Fold in diced chicken, stirring well.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Preheat oven to 400 degreees.
- Spray deep-dish pie pan or rounded casserole with nonstick spray.
- Place piecrust on bottom of the pan to cover.
- Pour chicken and vegetable mixture over piecrust, then top with remaining piecrust.
- Cut slits into top crust to vent.
- Bake fro 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Serves 6-8.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating5 people
This is a definite for our dinner table VERY soon. Thanks for sharing. - Susanasusana in Mandeville loved it
Blue, you are so clever! Love this, Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
I LOVE HOMEMADE CHICKEN POT PIE THIS IS WONDERFUL THANKS FOR SHARING IT
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it