O M G RibsFrom quinn 7 years ago
- 4 pounds pork spareribs, separated shopping list
- 3/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and minced shopping list
- 8 scallions, roughly diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth 1 cup maple syrup shopping list
- 2 tablespoon orange zest shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Combine ribs, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 of the ginger, scallions and star anise in a large pot. Add water to cover. Cover and simmer until cooked through, 20-30 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature in cooking liquid, then drain, or just refrigerate covered, in the liquid overnight.
- Combine ¼ cup soy sauce, remaining ginger, broth, syrup, zest and garlic in an oiled stir-fry pan or large skillet over high heat and cook down to thicken (3-4 minutes).
- Add ribs and stir-fry about 5 minutes until ribs are coated in a thick glaze.
- Note: Alternately, follow steps 1, 2 and 3 but brush the sauce onto the ribs as a glaze on a hot grill.