Baked Eggplant And Zucchini Parmigiano TortinoFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 pound eggplant peeled and quartered lengthwise shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion peeled cut in 1/4" slices shopping list
- 1/2 pound zucchini sliced in 1/4" rounds shopping list
- 1/2 pound yellow squash sliced in 1/4" rounds shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese shopping list
- Batter: shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 pint cream shopping list
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oregano shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 then oil a deep baking dish.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in large sauté pan and cook onion slices very slowly until tender but not brown.
- Remove from pan then add remaining oil sauté eggplant, zucchini and squash until tender.
- Combine with onion and season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- In food processor combine all batter ingredients.
- Place in a large bowl and combine with cooked vegetables.
- Pour into prepared pan and cover with foil then bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with 2 tablespoons parmesan and bake an additional 15 minutes or until set.