Melting Chocolate potsFrom leilalou 6 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Evenly brush 4 individual metal pudding moulds (175ml) or ramakin dishes with butter. (Depending on your egg size etc, you may get more. I always have a couple of extra moulds on hand)
- Evenly coat the buttered moulds with flour, tapping off any excess. Put the prepared moulds onto a baking tray.
- 2. Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bowl does not touch the surface. Once melted, stir until smooth. Take the bowl off the pan to allow the chocolate to cool slightly.
- 3. Place the eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric whisk, beat on high for 5 minutes or until very thick, pale and fluffy. Fold the cooled chocolate mixture into the eggs and sugar. Sift in the flour and gently fold it in.
- 4. Divide the mixture equally between the prepared pudding moulds. Place in the oven for 14-16 minutes. Turn out the fondants and serve immediately with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh cream.