Cream of Celery SoupFrom ravenseyes 7 years ago
- 1 cup onion (diced) shopping list
- 2 Tbsps. butter shopping list
- 4 cups water (boiling) shopping list
- 3 cups sliced celery (about one full head - make sure to use the heart) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups diced potatoes shopping list
- 4 slices of bacon (chopped into small pieces) shopping list
- 1 cup cream (I use half and half fat free) shopping list
- 2 tsps salt shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Chop onion, celery and bacon.
- Melt butter in soup pot and add bacon fry till bacon is crispy.
- Add celery and potatoes cook for 10 minutes to release the startches add hot water ( I do sometimes if I have use homemade vegetable stock instead). Cook for 35 minutes. Beat egg yolks into cream. Pour in slowly and stir constantly - bring to high not to a boil and serve.
- If you like a real creamy instead of chunky soup you can take a hand blender to this and take out all of the chunks. Either way serve with a nice slice of fresh warm bread and a little cheese and its a great little meal.