Shoyu ChickenFrom 22566 5 years ago
- 5-1/2 (to) 6 Pound chicken thighs shopping list
- 5 Cups low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 Cups low-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1 Cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 Cup mirin shopping list
- 8 garlic cloves,smashed and peeled shopping list
- 4" piece ginger,sliced about 1/2'" thick and smashed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper,freshly ground shopping list
- 5 Tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 5 Tablespoons water shopping list
- Thinly sliced green onions,garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients except cornstarch and green onions in a large pan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to low and simmer,covered,truning occasionally,until chicken is tender, about 35 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a nice serving platter.
- Remove garlic and ginger,discard.
- Bring sauce to a boil,skim off excess fat, and cook until reduced slightly,about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat,add chicken,turn to coat,and serve chicken with sauce and sliced green onions.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cook22566 TX
The Rating9 people
love the seasonings great recippe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
WOW IT SOUNDS REALLY GOOD JOYCE
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!