Coriander Rubbed Duck Breasts with Glazed OrangesFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper shopping list
- Grated zest of 1 large orange shopping list
- 4 boneless duck breast halves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped shallot shopping list
- 4 large seedless oranges peeled with a knife and cut into rounds shopping list
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur or fresh orange juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups wild rice and brown rice blend cooked according to package directions shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine coriander, salt, pepper and orange zest.
- Using a sharp knife score the duck skin in a crosshatch pattern.
- Take care not to cut into the meat.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the duck breasts.
- Place the duck breasts skin side down in a cold large nonstick fry pan with an ovenproof handle.
- Place over medium heat and cook until skin is golden brown about 10 minutes.
- Pour off the accumulated fat from the pan.
- Turn breasts over and immediately transfer the pan to the oven.
- Roast about 10 minutes.
- Transfer duck breasts to a plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the fat from the pan and place over medium heat.
- Add shallot and cook until softened about 1 minute.
- Add oranges, liqueur, vinegar and thyme and cook turning oranges occasionally for 2 minutes.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- One at a time place each breast on a carving board and slice on the diagonal across the grain.
- Slip the knife under the sliced duck and transfer to individual plates and fan out the slices.
- Transfer rice to a large warmed platter and arrange duck slices and oranges on top of the rice.
- Serve hot.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!