Spinach White Bean Soup with LeekFrom winslow1204 8 years ago
- 2 (16 ounce) cans of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 tsp. of ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 c. of whole wheat couscous shopping list
- 2 c. of packed fresh spinach shopping list
- 2 tsp. of olive oil shopping list
- 4 leeks, bulb only, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic shopping list
- 2 (16 ounce) cans of fat-free chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tsp. of salt shopping list
- Add pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Put a little olive oil over a medium flame.
- Next you will want to add the leeks and garlic, letting them saute until they are tender. Usually around 5 min.
- Next you will add the chicken broth, cannellini beans, bay leaves and the cumin.
- This will all need to come to a boil, leaving the flame on low.
- Now grab the couscous and cover.
- This will need to simmer approx. 5 minutes before you throw in the spinach.
- You can add salt and pepper to your individual taste!
The Cookwinslow1204 Centerville, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!