Empanada La CantinaFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- Pastry for double crust pie ( can use frozen) shopping list
- 1 lb. of ground beef (turkey if you want) shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano shopping list
- 1 small can of tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 can of sherry * use the tomato sauce can* shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced stuffed green olives shopping list
- 1 sm. pkg seedless raisins shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion, garlice, green pepper in small amount of olive oil until tender.
- Add ground beef, cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Gently warm sherry with the raisins in small sauce pan.
- Add tomato sauce and sherry soaked raisins with the sherry to the meat mixture.
- Add olives. Simmer for 20 minutes til nearly dry.
- Meanwhile prepare pie crust. Line 9 inch pie pan with bottom crust.
- brush with beaten egg white on inside bottom crust.
- This prevents leakage.
- Spoon meat mixture over crust.
- Top with other top crust. Crimp edges to seal, Make slits in top crust.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake 350. degrees until crust is brown about 45 minutes.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!