Chicken and AlmondsFrom joe1155 7 years ago
- 1 large chicken breast half or boneless chicken thighs(about 1/2 lb) shopping list
- 1 tsp chinese rice wine or dry sherry shopping list
- 1 tsp water shopping list
- 1tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 3 spring onions shopping list
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp light soy sauce ( I like Pearl River Bridge) shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp Chinese sesame oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the chicken and onions the size of the almonds.(This helps everything cook quickly and makes the dish look nicer on the serving plate.)
- Marinate the chicken for 20 minutes in the rice wine, water and cornstarch.
- Heat a non stick wok or skillet add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and stir fry until it turns white.
- Add the onion and stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer.
- Add the soy sauce and stir about 1 minute. Taste to see if you would like a little more soy sauce.
- Turn off heat and add sesame oil and the almonds. Mix thoroughly.