Chicken Cacciatore With Mushrooms And OlivesFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 4 pounds chicken pieces shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup chopped white onions shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage leaves shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 8 ounces canned whole tomatoes with juice crushed shopping list
- 3/4 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup oil cured black olives pitted and sliced shopping list
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse and pat dry chicken then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat until shimmery and fragrant.
- Add chicken pieces in small batches then brown on all sides and remove to plate when done.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the fat in pan.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onion, bay leaf, rosemary and sage.
- Cook stirring until onions are golden brown about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds more being careful not to brown the garlic.
- Return chicken to skillet and pour in wine.
- Cook over medium high heat until all wine is evaporated.
- Turn chicken and scrape up browned bits on bottom with a wooden spoon.
- Add tomatoes and chicken stock then reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 25 minutes then add olives and mushrooms and cook covered 10 minutes.
- Uncover pan and boil pan juices over high heat until slightly thickened.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!