Sweet and Sour Chicken crockpotFrom healthykathy 8 years ago
- 6 med. carrots, cut in 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped green pepper shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped onion shopping list
- 3 chicken breasts, split shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 (10 oz.) jar sweet & sour sauce shopping list
- 1 med. can pineapple chucks, drained shopping list
- 3 T. cornstarch shopping list
- 3 T. water shopping list
- Hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- In a crockpot, place carrots, pepper and onion. Top with chicken. Sprinkle with salt. Pour sweet and sour sauce and pineapple over all.
- Cook on low 7 to 8 hours (high 3 1/2 to 4 hours).
- Remove chicken.
- Blend cornstarch and water.
- Stir in juices.
- Cover and cook on high for 10 to 15 minutes, until thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with chicken over rice.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookhealthykathy Springfield, MO
The Rating6 people
This sounds delicious I love the pineapple.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
sounds like a great comfort food... and easy to do for those busy days... thank you for a wonderful recipe....^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Sounds delicious! Be a very good one for one of my busy days.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!