Fragrant Chicken And ApricotsFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 2 ounces (60 g) melted clarified butter or ghee shopping list
- Just over 2 pounds (1 kg) chicken thigh fillets, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium brown onions, sliced finely shopping list
- 1 clove, garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 cup (75g) dried apricots, sliced finely shopping list
- 2 cups (400g) basmati rice shopping list
- 4 cups (1 liter) chicken stock shopping list
- 1/4 cup (35g) dried currants shopping list
- 1/2 (60g) cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1/2 cup (80g) pine nuts, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Heat half of the ghee in a large saucepan; cook the chicken in batches, until browned all over and cooked through, drain on absorbent paper.
- Heat the remaining ghee in the same pan; cook the onion, garlic and spices, stirring until the onion is soft.
- Add the apricots and rice and stir over heat until the rice is coated in the spice mixture.
- Stir in the stock; simmer.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the chicken and let it stand, covered for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the currants, peas and nuts.
- Top with freshly chopped cilantro if desired and serve.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
Very nicely done, midge. I need to do this dish soon. Five!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Indian Flavors And Recipes263 members
Cilantro Lovers130 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner121 members
Simple Indian Cuisine88 members
Chicken Please145 members
A Fruity World45 members
Made With Tropical Fruits18 members
Veggies N Fruits R Good 4 U25 members
Chicken Little167 members
Packages Jars And Cans29 members