Bowtie Steak Gorgonzola AlfredoFrom waterlily 6 years ago
- 1 pound top sirloin shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or cooking sherry shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 2/3 cup mushrooms, any variety, sliced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks shopping list
- Bowtie pasta, I always eyeball the amount shopping list
- water, enough to cook the pasta shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 8 oz package reduced fat cream cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 c milk shopping list
- Scant 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan or asiago cheese shopping list
- tiny pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Optional: shopping list
- 1/2 cup pine nutes, toasted shopping list
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 1/4 cup of the olive oil, the white wine, 1 clove of garlic, the oregano and basil in a gallon size zip top bag.
- Tenderize the steak, if necessary, and place in the zip top bag, carefully squeezing out as much air as possible.
- Place steak in the fridge and marinate 2-4 hours.
- In a small sauce pan, prepare the alfredo-esque sauce by melting the butter over medium heat. Add 1 clove of the garlic, and cook briefly, stirring. Add the cream cheese, smooshing it down with the back of a large cooking spoon. Add the Parmesan or Asiago and the milk a little at a time. Taste, and add salt, pepper, and a wee pinch of nutmeg.
- Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Add mushrooms and bell pepper, toss and cook a few minutes. Add the remaining garlic and continue to cook until the mushrooms are done to your liking.
- Heat the broiler and bring water to a boil in a large pot.
- Broil the steak to your liking., Remove from broiler and allow to rest while the pasta cooks. Cut into bite sized slices.
- Cook the pasta al dente, drain.
- Return the pasta to the pot, add the mushroom-pepper mixture, toss in the sauce.
- To servie:
- Put pasta, veggie and sauce combo on a plate. Top with steak slices. Top steak slices with Gorgonzola, and if desired, with pine nuts and/or green onions.
The Cookwaterlily Joplin, MO
The Rating6 people
Yum with a capital Y. Great post my friend. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
This sounds mouthwatering! Love the sauce here too!juels in Clayton loved it
oh yeah...lovin this one...thanks for sharing.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!