Best Easy Chocolate CakeFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 11/2c (71/2oz) flour shopping list
- 1c(7oz) sugar shopping list
- 1/2tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2c (2oz) dutch process cocoa powder shopping list
- 2oz. bittersweet chocolate,chopped fine shopping list
- 1c hot coffee shopping list
- 2/3c mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 lg. egg shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- Confectioners' sugar(for serving;optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Adjust oven rackto middle position and heat oven to 350. Lightly spray an 8x8' square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk flour,sugar,baking soda and salt together in large bowl. In separate bowl,combine cocoa and chocolate;pour hot coffee over cocoa mixture,whisk till smooth;let cool slightly.
- Whisk in maynnaise,egg and vanilla. Stir mayonnaise mixture into floue mixture until combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake till wooden skewer inserted in center of cake comes out with few crumbs attached,30 to 35 mins.
- Let cake cool in pan on rack 1 to 2 hours. Dust with confectioners sugar,cut into squares and serve straight from pan;or turn cake out onto serving platter and dust with confectioners sugar.
- Note: Can use any high quality bittersweet,dark or semi-sweet chocolate. Instead of confectioners sugar,also wonderful with whipped cream or ice cream.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
Good one!! got my 5
many hugsshirleyoma in Cove loved it
oh yeah! This one does sound delish. Many thanks and here's another 5. MJflavors in Algonquin loved it
You are so very adept at ruining one's plan to start a diet, aren't you? I graciously accept the delay, pat. Thanks and my 5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it